Tuesday 2 February 2010

The thaw has started and now it is raining. All horses are going well and Dream, Harry and Jake are entered for the races at Whitfield on this Sunday. I expect the course will be waterlogged by then so I'm not getting too excited.
Tomorrow the Pytchley are meeting at Thrupp, which is where my ex-in laws used to live but now Joseph and Sophie have moved in. It is a momentous occasion as there has never been a meet there before and Lucy and I are going on horseback (Skye and Dream) and Doug is going as our groom and to help Joseph hand around the drinks and nibbles. - I'm sure there won't be any leftovers...
It's going to be a great day as after hunting we are going to London. For my birthday Joseph bought me 'tea at the Ritz for two' tickets, and then we are going to the theatre to see 'War horse' which is supposed to be brilliant. I'm really looking forward to it. We only live less than two hours away from London and yet we very rarely go - country bumpkins that we are!