Sunday 6 March 2016

Lovely relatively restful Mothers Day today with a huge bouquet of flowers from one of my offspring and lunch cooked for me after doing the horses and walking Whitifeld point to point course where they have done a great job. The fences look fabulous and the ground will suit a soft ground horse.
I went for a walk after lunch to check the youngsters and saw a kingfisher by the river and two red kites - The first in this area.They have just started to make their way up from the Cherwell valley corridor and are stunning birds to look at.. It isn't getting dark now until around six pm and I hardly dare believe that we are almost into spring and winter is behind us....If I say that this winter it hasn't been too bad I know that it will snow for the next month so I am saying nothing!