Saturday 8 June 2013

I'm back! Feeling a bit groggy and sore but very relieved that it is al over and it is onwards and upwards from now on. I was incredibly impressed with the NHS. The hospital was squeaky clean, the nurses lovely and very thorough and I really couldn't have hoped for better care.
I am hoping to make it to Dingley, depending how I feel, but we are taking Jake, Popaway, Harry and Definite Dawn. Doug will walk the course when we get there but we know that they have been watering like mad and it should be safe ground. I got back last night in time to watch the Horse and Hound cup at Stratford. We had entered Jake but didn't run him as we thought the ground would be too quick. He had also had a fall chasing Matilda, the pig, and was a bit sore. It was a seriously hot race with the Irish horses setting a fierce pace and was won by the second favourite, Mossie Joe Chapoturgeon second and Salsify third. The time was fourteen seconds faster than the John Corbett, so I think we made the right choice!