Saturday 27 April 2013

My Cornish trip - Bliss!

Cornish sunset
Coastal path near Trebarwith Strand
I have been lucky enough to have sneaked a few days in Cornwall - I stay in a little place in Trebarwith Strand where I can hear the crashing of waves all night long, and when the tide comes in the spray lashes against the window. It is wonderfully atmospheric and at this time of year isn't plagued with ghastly tourists(!)
The fields are covered with wild primroses (my favourite flower) and the swallows are just arriving, which are my favourite birds, so it really is good for the soul and great for recharging the batteries.
We were going to run a couple of horses at Whitfield today but walked the course last night and decided it was too firm so we just went as spectators today. It was rather nice not to have runners as we could enjoy the social side and catch up with a few friends.
We are taking two horses to Dingley tomorrow - 'Varkala' in the maiden and 'We Never Give Up' in the restricted. I always love meetings at Dingley so I'm really looking forward to it.
I am waiting for a newly wed couple to arrive, who got married today and have booked the shepherd hut for their first night of wedded bliss  It was booked by the 'husband to be', and I do hope that his new bride isn't expecting a luxurious five star hotel. This could be the shortest marriage in history if she is..............