Thursday 9 May 2013

It was almost autumnal today, so perhaps the two days of sunshine are all we are getting for summer. Doctor Kingsley went out for a ride today as he is not enjoying his holiday and keeps jumping out of his field. Doug rode him and he was looking for every excuse to dump him, he was absolutely full of himself, so we have decided that we will enter him for the Horse and Hound Cup at Stratford and if the ground isn't too fast we will run him. He is in such good form and as it is three miles four furlongs it should be a good stamina test which he will love.
Annoyingly I will be stuck in a hospital bed on that night as I am booked to have a hip replacement - I was born with displaced hips which had they been noticed at the time wouldn't have been a problem but as I was born at home I slipped through the net - I had my first hip done sixteen years ago and the surgeon said that I would have to have my other one done within the year, but it has lasted a lot longer than expected and sadly now is the time.... It will be great to have it over and done with though, and I can always keep track of the racing on my ipad. Sigh.....