Tuesday 23 September 2014

Another beautiful day and just lovely to be back on board. All the horses are going really well and look fabulous. We are still just walking and trotting as the ground is so hard but they seem to be enjoying themselves. Lucy has really stepped up to the plate and is enjoying riding out rather than just mucking out. She is perfectly capable and has clearly hidden her talent under a bushel as we had no idea she could ride so competently.
Yesterday Doug bought a water heater on eBay for our second shepherd hut and because he bought it fairly cheaply ("a bargain") he wanted me to go and fetch it to save on courier costs. I got the post code and it was in Wales (!) but anything to save a few bucks. Just before leaving I thought I would just see how much a courier would cost as I really wasn't looking forward to a five and a half hour round trip and to my surprise got it booked up for collection and delivery door to door for £7.99!!  I would have been spitting chips if I had set off to deepest darkest Wales and wasted a whole day sitting in a car and a tank of petrol and then found that out. I don't know how these parcel companies make their money but I am certainly not complaining as they gave me time to catch up with office work and then go on another really long walk with the dogs. I get back just as the sun was setting and we then went to the Carpenters Arms for Marge's amazing steak and kidney pie. A perfect end to a perfect day.