Friday 23 February 2018

Winston Churchill
I took Dad to see the film called 'The Darkest Hour' yesterday. It was the second time I have seen it, the first time I went with Doug, and it was just as good the second time as the first. Winston Churchill was an incredible man who showed enormous strength against impossible opposition. I had no idea how close we came to surrendering in the second world war and how if it wasn't for Churchill's dogged strength of character we would all be speaking German now, in the unlikely event that we had been born at all!
All horses are flying which is rather frustrating as it looks as though the weekend's racing my be frozen off as we have some artic weather about to arrive. We have Jess and Tik hopefully going to the rescheduled meeting on Saturday at Barbury and Top Garry, Popaway and Beech Hill going to Garthorpe on the Sunday. Fingers crossed the wintry weather holds off. It is lovely and sunny now but the ground was frozen this morning.