Thursday 18 June 2009

One of the few shoreline temples in Chennai that survived the tsunami

I've got a ticket!! I have managed to get the only seat left flying direct to Chennai from Heathrow. The flight leaves on Sunday 21st at 12.55 and arrives at Chennai at 3.25 am. All the other flights were twice as expensive and had stops in Mombai or Dubai so the total travelling time was at least 24 hours. Once I am in Chennai I am hoping to get to Port Blair which is the capital of the Andamans. Chennai also looks really interesting so I can go exploring while I am waiting to get a flight. I am coming back on the 3rd July. I am hoping I will be able to do my blog from there as there is Internet access.
We are just off for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary (which Doug forgot all about!)