Wednesday 16 April 2014

The river Coln next to Bibury Court
Weaver cottages in Bibury
I managed to whisk Doug away for his 'big' birthday. It took some doing and he was late back from work which made me grumpy as I had planned a surprise picnic for him - I had booked Bibury Court without him knowing and it isn't cheap, so I wanted to make the most of it but it all turned out right in the end...We had nibbles instead and a bottle of champagne by the river Coln which is in the grounds of the hotel and then had a lovely meal.
The following day we explored the Cotswold villages and had a pub lunch. The weather was fabulous and the countryside is just bursting into life. I have never heard such loud birdsong as this Spring - I think it is probably because we had such a mild winter and all the songbirds have survived. It really is the most beautiful time of year.