Monday 9 June 2014

Rather a sociable week-end. It is so nice being able to catch up with a few people now that racing is over. It ended with an impromptu barbeque with Joseph, Sophie, little Henry and Jessica and Mike and Ange. The children were absolutely delightful. It was a beautiful afternoon which went on well into the night in the shepherd hut. I don't what it is about that place......
I say the racing is over but it isn't quite as I have got little Velvet Cloud running in a mares maiden tomorrow evening at Worcester. I have leased her to Carol Ikin for the run as I just wanted to see if she has got any promise on the track before I decide what to do with her. She is a little too small to go over the big fences but gives me a great feel at home so I thought I would try her over hurdles and if she isn't fast enough for that then she can be retrained to do another job.She is a super ride and so full of enthusiasm for everything she does, I absolutely love riding her so she could be a nice summer project.
We are about to take Velvet Dove to see the stallion Pasternak again. Her two year old by him is really rather nice so it seems like the sensible thing to do. It is the first time we have put her back in foal with a foal at foot, so it will be interesting and slightly worrying to see how they both cope with the journey.